Stress Management Handouts
Have you ever designed stress management handouts at the last minute before a stress management seminar? We often design them without considering that a high quality stress management handout can make a successful stress management seminar even better.
Why Provide Stress Management Handouts?
- So seminar attendees will remember your stress management seminar.
- Display info visually, which meets the needs of visual learners.
- So seminar attendees can concentrate on your seminar instead of writing down everything you say.
- To give you something to refer back to when planning future stress management seminars.
Stress Management Handouts: When to Design Them?
Stress Management Handouts should be created at the same time that you’re planning your stress management seminar. This ensures that the facts you include will be tailored to that specific seminar.
It is a good idea to make copies of your stress management handouts ahead of time to avoid problems (like having the photo copier jam ten minutes before your stress management seminar begins.)
Stress Management Handouts: When to Distribute Them?
Recommendations differ greatly with respect to the best time to distribute stress management handouts. Some experts think it is best to distribute stress management handouts at the beginning or end of the stress management seminar, and experts prefer the point at which the info is most relevant.
Just remember that your seminar attendees will most likely look at stress management handouts right when they get them and will most likely miss no matter what you say in the next a few minutes.
Stress Management Handouts: What data to include?
- Be sure to an outline of the main topics in your stress management seminar.
- Be certain to include specific info that seminar attendees will want to refer in the future.
- Be sure to include stress management illustrations, charts and graphics
- Be certain to make part of your stress management handout an activity guide.
- Further stress management info or bibliography.
- Do not forget that with stress management handouts “less is more” so be brief.
Stress Management Handouts: Design Tips?
- Be sure to set off important info using italics, bolding and/or underlining.
- Bs sure to use bullet lists because they are easier to scan and understand.
- Try organizing information into a two-column format.
- Serif fonts (Times New Roman) are more impressive than sans serif fonts (such as Arial).
- Be sure to use fewer than four fonts in a handout.
- Be certain to leave plenty of white space for easy reading.
- If you have several stress management handouts, make them individually discernible by using different colors.
- When you are stress management handout is complete, ask yourself the following:
- Do the stress management facts flow well?
- Does the stress management handout look appealing?
- When a attendee were to forget everything you presented, would the data included in the stress management handout help them remember the main ideas?
- Is your personal contact info included?
- Are there helpful stress management websites or applicable stress management tips needed/included?