Have you ever designed wellness handouts at the last minute before a wellness lunch and learn presentation? We often develop them without thinking about the fact that excellent wellness handout can make a good wellness lunch and learn presentation even better.
Why Offer Wellness Handouts?
- To help attendees remember your wellness lunch and learn presentation long after it is over.
- Show info visually, which meets the needs of visual learners.
- Permit attendees to concentrate on your meeting instead of writing down everything you say.
- Provide attendees with a guide to help them with future research.
- Give you something to refer back to when planning future wellness lunch and learn presentations.
Wellness Handouts: When to Make Them?
Wellness Handouts should be created at the same time that you’re planning your wellness lunch and learn presentation. This ensures that the facts you include will be tailored to that specific lunch and learn presentation.
It’s a really good idea to make copies of your wellness handouts ahead of time to avoid potential problems (like having the photo copier jam ten minutes before your wellness lunch and learn presentation begins.)
Wellness Handouts: When to Give Them Out?
Recommendations differ greatly with respect to the best time to distribute wellness handouts. Some experts think it is best to distribute wellness handouts at the beginning or end of the wellness lunch and learn presentation, and experts prefer the point at which the info is most relevant.
Just remember that your attendees will most likely look at wellness handouts right when they get them and will most likely miss no matter what you say in the next a few minutes.
Wellness Handouts: What wellness info to include?
- Make certain to an outline of the main topics in your wellness lunch and learn presentation.
- Make certain to include specific information that attendees will want to refer in the future.
- Consider including additional wellness information or a bibliography.
- Make certain to include wellness illustrations, charts and graphics
- Make certain to make part of your wellness handout an activity guide.
- Remember, with wellness handouts “less is more” so be brief.
Wellness Handouts: Design Tips?
- Make certain to set off important information using italics, bolding and/or underlining.
- Use bullet lists because they are easier to scan and understand.
- Generally leave at least a 3/4 inch margin on each side.
- Use a two-column format.
- Serif fonts (Times New Roman) are more impressive than sans serif fonts (such as Arial).
- Make certain to use fewer than four fonts in a handout.
- Make certain to leave plenty of white space for easy reading.
- If you have several wellness handouts, make them individually discernible by using different colors.
- When you are wellness handout is complete, ask yourself the following:
- Do the wellness facts flow well?
- Does the wellness handout look appealing?
- When a attendee were to forget everything you presented, would the data included in the wellness handout help them remember the main ideas?
- Is your personal contact info included?
- Are there helpful wellness websites or applicable wellness tips are needed/included?