Health Fair – Wellness Fair: Objectives and Planning
Objectives of a Health Fair – Wellness Fair
A Health Fair – Wellness Fair is an event to:
- Increase health awareness by providing health screenings, activities, materials, demonstrations, and information;
- Increase awareness of local, state, and national health services and resources;
- Motivate participants to make positive health behavior changes;
- Provide immunizations for children and adults;
- Teach self-care practices;
- Identify topics and participants for future Extension educational health programs; and
- Establish Extension agents as a source for educational health programming in the county.
Planning a Health Fair – Wellness Fair
Successful Health Fairs – Wellness Fairs require a tremendous amount of planning beginning at least six months before the target date; however, beginning a year before is even better. The first task is to identify a chair or co-chairs.
Forming the planning/coordinating committee a year in advance may not be necessary if this is not the first Health Fair – Wellness Fair or if the event is going to be small. The size and number of committees will vary depending on the expected number of participants.
[ Next Page: Setting Up Committees and Duties ]