Health Newsletter Tips
- Keep in mind the mission of your health newsletter and choose health topics which reinforce your mission.
- Learning about employees, your employees’ families and worker accolades could be a positive and motivating force. Note: Be very careful not to infringe upon employee privacy.
- Be certain to use appropriate humor and enticing graphics whenever possible.
- Do not forget that worker readership is highest when your health newsletter delivers something the worker believes is advantageous to them.
- Make certain to keep company rules and guidelines out of your health newsletter, unless you are rewarding workers for their excellence. Communicate these through a separately branded employee publication.
- Be very careful to never avoid exploiting your health newsletter by luring your staff members into expecting an individual benefit or interest but receiving company marketing instead. Once trust is broken, your audience will begin to falter.
- Make sure to encourage committees and task force teams to submit reports to the health newsletter, unless they already distribute a separate communication. Note: make sure the subject matter is appropriate for company-wide distribution, and ensure that workers “buy in” to who is on the health and wellness committee.
- Build business pride through announcement of business recognition, prestigious new client accounts, media attention, key executive recognition, etc. Achievement minded team members normally love to feel good about where they work and be respected in their personal circles with such healthy contests. Be certain you structure the health newsletter as a benefit to the employee and where appropriate, congratulation your team for their contributions to the success.
- Whenever possible, involve your employees in health newsletter creating and allow their suggestions for topics, subject to management approval of course. It’s a good idea to help employees understand what’s and is not an appropriate topic by offering clear rules.
- Instead of repeating local events from around your community, provide fresh links or resources of info recommended by other employees.
There are likely 100′s of additional health newsletter tips that could be useful, but this is a start. We will see if we can’t put gather more health newsletter tips to add to the website. If you have health newsletter tips you’d like for us to add then please contact us and let us know. We’d love to add your health newsletter tips to the site. Doing so only improves the resource for other like yourself.