Making Time for Fitness
Face it, you have children, you have work, and you have a schedule that makes you tired just to THINK about it. It seems as if there just are not enough hours in the day. So how in the world are you going to continue to workout during the all of this rush?
First – you need to make your fitness a priority. I know there are a million other very important things going on in your life, but value the investment that you have already made in your health, and maintain some type of fitness even throughout hectic times.
If you cannot workout everyday, exercising two to three times per week at a higher intensity will enable you to maintain your current level of fitness for up to three weeks. Inactivity, however, will smash your fitness level and make your return to the gym a less pleasant experience.
Once you decide that continuing an exercise program is important, you need to figure out how to make it happen. An important part of maintaining a fitness program is to recognize that you can exercise anywhere. Are you traveling? Pack your sneakers and go for a walk or jog wherever you end up. Crunches are pushups are easy ways to maintain your strength training when you are away from the gym.
Here are 10 ways to exercise without even realizing it:
- Park your car farther away. The more steps you take during the day, the more exercise you’re getting.
- Go Dancing. You’d be surprised how many calories dancing can burn.
- Participate in a charity walk or bike ride. There are bound to be several near you and most cater to all fitness levels.
- Play with your kids. Trying to keep up with them is sure to burn calories!
- Take the stairs. If possible, walk up the stairs at work or in your apartment.
- Lift your legs at work. While sitting in your chair at work or at home watching TV, simply raise your legs in front of you and hold for 15-30 seconds at a time.
- Squeeze a stress ball. Buy a stress ball that you can squeeze while you’re at work or watching television. Doing so will improve your blood flow, flexibility, burn calories and relieve tension!
- Stretch or ride your exercise bike while watching television.
- Walk around your office or outside during lunch.
- Do some chores. Shoveling snow, working in the garden, raking leaves, sweeping the floor…these kinds of activities may not be ‘vigorous’ exercise, but they can keep you moving while getting your house in order.
Finally – reap the benefits of making some time for fitness. Maintaining your fitness routine will allow you a bit of time for yourself. Even 20 – 30 minutes of exercise in your day will help you to remember that your health is important, and that YOU are important.
And in addition to burning calories while you are working out, you will probably find that when you feel better about your activity for the day you will eat better as well. Remember: Your health is truly priceless so don’t stop investing in it!
If you can’t dance, <a href=”http://takelessons.com/performing-arts/dance-lessons”>dance teachers</a> from Takelessons are available to help you get your groove on.