How to Prevent Illness – Cover Your Cough Handouts
Stop Spreading Germs that Can Make You and Other People Sick!
Very serious respiratory illnesses such as influenza, whooping cough, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) spread by:
- Sneezing or coughing
- Dirty hands
To help stop the spreading germs you should,
- Remember to cover your mouth and nose with a tissue whenever you cough or sneeze.
- Put the used tissue in the trash can.
- If you do not have a tissue handy, then cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow. Don’t cough into your hands.
- You could be asked to wear a facemask to protect others.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for 20 seconds.
- If soap and water aren’t available, then use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Following you you will find handouts designed for Health Care Settings and for Community Settings
Handouts / Flyers – Health Care Settings
Handouts / Flyers – Community Settings
- Flyer ( Arabic, Burmese, Chinese, Farsi, French, Kirundi, Hmong, Khmer, Portuguese, Samoan, Somali) Vietnamese,
How to Prevent Illness: Source Information
The illness prevention handouts and Cover Your Cough Handouts were developed and provided by the following: