How to Prevent Illness – Cover Your Cough Posters
Stop Spreading Germs that Can Make You and Other People Sick!
Very serious upper respiratory illnesses such as flu (influenza), severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), whooping cough, and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) spread by:
- Sneezing and/or coughing
- Unclean or dirty hands
To help prevent the spread of germs you should always,
- Remember to cover your mouth and your nose with a kleenex whenever you cough or sneeze.
- Put the used tissue in the trash can.
- If you do not have a tissue handy, then cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow. Don’t cough into your hands.
- You could be asked to wear a facemask to protect others.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for 20 seconds.
- If soap and water aren’t available, then use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Following you you will find posters designed for Health Care Settings and for Community Settings
Posters – Health Care Settings
- 8.5 x 11 Poster ( Chinese, French, Hmong, Khmer, Portuguese, Vietnamese)
- 11 x 17 Poster ( Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Burmese, Chinese, Czech, Haitian-Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Karen, Korean, Lao, Nepali, Oromo, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Urdu, Vietnamese, Yiddish)
Posters – Community Settings
- 8.5 x 11 Poster ( Arabic, Burmese, Chinese, Farsi, French, Kirundi, Hmong, Khmer, Portuguese, Samoan, Somali) Vietnamese,
- 11 x 17 Poster ( Amharic, Arabic, Burmese, Chinese, French, Khmer, Hmong, Karen, Lao, Nepali, Oromo, Portuguese, Somali, Spanish, Tagalog, Vietnamese)
How to Prevent Illness: Source Information
The illness prevention posters and Cover Your Cough posters were developed and provided by the following: