Suicide Prevention, Resiliency and Optimism Handouts
Suicide prevention is a topic that every adult should take time to understand so that they will be able to help themselves or someone in their life to deal with thoughts of suicide. We’ve chosen to include information here related to resiliency and optimism as we see the topics being closely related.
Suicide Prevention Handouts
- Be Aware of the Suicide Warning Signs
- Acute Warning Signs of Suicide
- Suicide Prevention – What to Do ACT
- Understanding and helping suicidal people
- Suicide Facts and Fables
- Suicide: Signs, Myths and Realities
- Suicide Risk Assessment Guide
- Helping Disaster Survivors Cope
- After An Attempt: Personal Guide Book
- After An Attempt: Family Guide Book
- After An Attempt: Clinician Guide Book
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- What is PTSD?
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Research
- Treatment of PTSD
- Assessing and Responding to Suicidal Intent
- Drugs for Acute Stress Reactions and PTSD
Resiliency and Optimism Handouts
Suicide Prevention, Resiliency and Optimism Info: Source
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) – NIDA’s mission is to lead the Nation in bringing the power of science to bear on drug abuse and addiction. They created and provided the drug information fact sheets found here.
- Navy and Marine Corps Public Health Center (NMCPHC) is the Navy and Marine Corps center for public health services. The NMCPHC provides leadership and expertise to ensure mission readiness through disease prevention and health promotion in support of the National Military Strategy. They also provide a wide selection of free fitness handout about strength training, exercise and many more topics.
Note: we are not doctors and the information contained within the handouts should not be construed as medical advice. Seek professional help if / when you feel it’s necessary.