Editing a Wellness Newsletter
A wellness newsletter is an excellent way for a company to communicate health and wellness program priorities, company wellness news and highlight worker accomplishments. Once the wellness newsletter has gone through the planning, design and writing process it is then reviewed by the health newsletter editor. This is quite possibly the single most important step in the process of creating a wellness newsletter, as the health newsletter editor ensures that the final draft is written clearly, accurate and free of grammatical errors.
- Print out a copy of the wellness newsletter.
- Make sure to read all text and use a red pen to mark any grammatical errors and spelling errors. Make sure to write down any queries you might have about missing or incorrect information on sticky notes and attach them to the relevant pages.
- Make certain to check the spelling of every employee and vender name mentioned in the wellness newsletter. The spelling of employee names can be verified through your human resources department and vendor names can often be checked online.
- Be sure to check all photograph captions to ensure they accurately describe the photos they reference.
- Be certain every page is numbered correctly.
- Be sure to check the table of contents, making sure that page number references and article titles are correct.
- Be sure to make a photocopy of your corrections then submit the original marked-up copy to the wellness newsletter designer.
- Make sure to print a copy of the final draft and compare it to your photocopy to ensure that all of your corrections were made.
- Make certain to submit any final modifications to the wellness newsletter designer.
Editing a wellness newsletter is much like editing any other organization document. Credibility is critical when writing about wellness related topics. Thus is is extraordinarily important to pay careful attention when editing a wellness newsletter. Hopefully these newsletter tips will simplify the process of editing a wellness newsletter.